Monday, March 2, 2015

Getting Things Done While Maintaining Your Sanity

I know some people who are so organized that every piece of their life is planned, down to the last detail. To me that's a little overboard. But, a few tools to help you maintain balance and bring order can certainly be helpful. It has been for me...

Recently, I found a couple of tools that have really helped me keep my priorities in front of me and get things done.

1) Joe's Goals; www.joesgoals.com/:
This is a great, FREE easy to use resource. Not for your "To Do" List but instead for routine tasks or priorities, like:
  • working out at the gym 6 times/week
  • eating 6 meals a day at specified times
  • going to the chiropractor twice per week
  • date night
Joe's Goals allows you to check off the items you accomplished and those you did not, giving you a daily, weekly and monthly score to track your progress. And, its very easy to use.

2) Vitalist; www.vitalist.com:

Granted there are tons of tools out there that help you "Get Things Done" (GTD), but I found one that works well, with a minimum of headaches. Here's why I like Vitalist:
  • IT'S FREE
  • easy to use, intuitive interface
  • allows you to drop your list onto your Google/Yahoo page, so its right in front of you
  • integrates into your Google calendar
  • many features like the ability to add notes, due dates, put off until "someday," ticklers, etc.
  • separate lists by context for work projects, home tasks, biz stuff, etc.
If neither of these appeal to you, go to this website where you'll find tons of stuff to help you streamline your life:

3) "Big List of Online Productivity Tools:"

http://lifedev.net/big-list-of-online-productivity-tools/

No comments: