Sunday, February 16, 2014

Exercise This, Man...

Have you considered the importance of rest and what that does for your health and well-being.?While rest is critical, exercise is crucial. The last few months since I've been eating more healthy, I've been feeling so much better. Several weeks ago, I decided I wanted to go back to the gym and start exercising again.

Just "Do It!"

Let me just say that it's been a lot tougher than I thought. I'm not in the same trim, 7% body fat shape I was in my collegiate days. But, I will persist and I'm sure my efforts will pay off. Also, I have accountability--so I can't quit. My wife and I have entered the Body for Life Fitness Challenge (starts next week) at our chiropractor's office, so we have a system in place to help us be successful.

So, I encourage you to get back to the gym or engage in a specific, ongoing exercise regimen. It doesn't have to be anything complicated and you don't have to aspire to be a professional body builder or female model. Just get in there and "do it!" You'll be glad you did.

A Creative Way to Exercise: Wii-ercise Me, Baby!

Here's a twist on exercise that you've probably never thought of. It's mostly for the college crowd, those fanatical gamers out there, or for those looking for a good excuse NOT to go to the gym while engaging in some type of activity.

You've probably heard of "Jazzercise," which involves exercising to music in a vigorous, yet creative fashion. Well, I call this "Wii-ercise." For those of you out there that are clueless, it's basically an interactive video-game, kinda like virtual reality where you become part of the game (literally), whether its bowling, baseball or whatever.

Ok, it's not truly exercising with the goal of fitness in mind, but for those who struggle to show their faces inside the likes of a gym, it may be a good technique to move in that direction.

I found this really interesting article which outlines how to get your "Wii ON." You might want to check it out, it's a lot of fun!

No comments: