Wednesday, February 6, 2013

You are the Author of Your Circumstances

Just the other day, I discovered that one of the Internet's most renowned marketers, Dr. Joe Vitale (www.mrfire.com), just had surgery. He's the guy that came up with the 'hypnotic writing/marketing' concept. Apparently he has just recovered from an appendectomy. Since that's something I went through a while ago, what he shared brought back a string of memories--both somewhat pleasant--and unpleasant.

Check out his blog here: http://www.mrfire.blogspot.com/, starting with his Feb. 3rd entry.

In case you don't know, Joe is the author of "The Attractor Factor" (www.amazon.com) and tons of other books, and most recently is part of the "Secret" video that's been sweeping the Internet. The book/video highlights the Law of Attraction, with the main idea being that you draw to yourself that which you most think about or speak about. I probably don't do it justice, so check out the Secret website and blog.

The reason I mention all this is that he brings up a really good point. He basically says that somehow he subconsciously brought his burst appendix for me:
  • to start eating more healthy foods
  • to get in better shape
  • to start living out my dreams
  • to radically think about changing my life and doing it now
Ok, so I get it. What I probably relate to even more is the whole attraction thing. I'm not into any new age stuff, but I know that this "attraction stuff" works, whether you believe in it or not.

As I mentioned the other day, several years ago I was a bitter, angry pessimistic individual who had pretty much only negative on my mind. Those words flowed out of my mouth and my cynical, sarcastic, negative nature began to consume me. As I look back, I can see now that what I believed and spoke out of my mouth is exactly what I received (or attracted). Now that I've stopped dwelling on the negative, have started replacing my misbeliefs and started to have a positive, optimistic outlook, my life has drastically changed for the better.

No comments: