Thursday, January 26, 2012

Healthy Eating Is Hip...& It Helps

The last few weeks (3 in fact) I've been eating healthier than I ever have in my entire life. I've gone vegan, well, vegetarian, at least for the most part. I don't know how people do it. But before you congratulate me, I have to admit It's something I've done out of necessity. No chicken, beef, pork, sodas, dairy, etc. It's been mostly a vegetable diet and I've gone virtually crazy coming up with tasty dishes that fit the bill.

The bottom line: I've lost almost 17 pounds. The health people I talk to say that it has a lot to do with cutting out the sodas. AMAZING! Also, I've been concentrating on taking great vitamins and other supplements.

I believe that physical health is a key component in success.

A balanced life is comprised of equal parts physical, emotional and spiritual health. If you don't have the physical, it's almost impossible to get the emotional and spiritual together. (more on this in a later post)

Here's a special reach out to the "BetterMeister" at www.iambetterthanu.com. He's been doing his own brand of health: largely cutting out sodas and drinking tea instead, for starters. Also, taking vitamins, well in his words, "manamins," in case anyone's wondering.

I know I'm definitely feeling better. The only negative: I no longer have jeans that fit.

For more info on health-related stuff, organic whatever, or basically anything that's "good for you," check out: www.diynaturally.wordpress.com. You might learn something--I know I did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Way to go! Congrats on your new lifestyle! It will pay off in the long run. Before you know it all those fast food places won't even sound good.

Do you know how to tell if you have a good vitamin? Quick thing my grandma taught me - put your vitamin in a glass of room temp water for about an hour - if it dissolves it's a good vitamin. If not, it's just full of stuff that you body doesn't need.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new vegi life style! Keep it up. Unfortunatly, for females they do not lose weight as easily and quickly by just cutting out soda but it is still a good idea.

Good tip about the vitamins I am going to try mine this morning.