Monday, January 30, 2012

Exercise & Nutrition as Blackmail

Ok, I didn't really get blackmailed, but it felt like a set-up nonetheless. As it goes, my wife and I were at our chiropractor and she's like, "oh, yeah, they're having the 'body for life' thing tonight. Let's stay." I'm an avid planner and my next step was food--I was starving. So, during the presentation I went and grabbed something.

And, actually, I'm so excited that we will be eating more healthy and exercising, together! I believe that we'll feel better in no time and look back on this commitment as something that was life-changing, positioning us to live out our lives, the way we want. This can happen to you, as well, if you make the decision. I encourage you to consider it. (Better health & nutrition, that is).

Now, I want to set the record straight. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Body for Life Challenge, it's a national contest where people compete for prizes and money, to see who can put together the best physique, have the greatest weight loss and achieve the most results over a 3 month period. Check it out: www.bodyforlife.com.

Physical, Emotional, & Spiritual Balance: Living the Life of Your Dreams

If you've always wanted to be a competitive bodybuilder or achieve that body that others would die for, go for it. For me, I have modest goals: I just want to feel better (all the time). That way, I can live the life of my dreams, with no limits. For me (as I mentioned in a previous post), that lifestyle encompasses physical, emotional and spiritual health--what I refer to as life-balance. And really, I'm just getting started.

At present, I'm a "apprehensive exerciser" at best, since over the last few years I've struggled with my health. But that is about to change. Honestly, it's been years since I've consistently been to the gym and decided to eat healthy as a lifestyle. So, I face this with mixed emotions, if not somewhat muted excitement.

Oh and thanx to diynaturally at http://diynaturally.wordpress.com/ who got me thinking in the right direction. Then, before I knew it--it all came together--and here I am (gulllppp!)

No comments: